We’ve had a heck of a time globally, with the pandemic driving up the levels of isolation and loneliness for people at all ages and stages of life.
There is nothing worse than feeling alone and like you have no one to relate to or confide in.
Now, as we stumble out of the pandemic, it feels as if people are aching to do fun activities, be together, and truly live life to the fullest.
I believe there is nothing better than a community of like-minded people getting together in the pursuit of play, both virtually and in person, to improve your mood and make you feel less lonely.
And to rediscover your joy!
As Plato so famously said, “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.”
Here are just some of the benefits of group activities for your health:
- Reduces anxiety and depression, because movement increases serotonin, endorphins, and other feel-good hormones with anti-depressive effects.
- Increases dopamine. Dopamine is a chemical that plays a role in happiness, pleasure, and enjoyment. As we age, we’re constantly losing our dopamine stores, which is why we need to continually seek out experiences that release dopamine. The best way to increase your brain’s dopamine production? PLAY. Run, lift, jump, roll, swim — and get happy!
- It boosts your emotional well-being and, therefore, your mood. That alone can help you increase self-confidence and lead to better self-talk.
- It increases your energy. Together with your boosted self-confidence, you can strengthen your social relationships. Meeting others and establishing new friendships with common active living interests is fun! Healthy social ties keep us moving forward with a daily dose of Vitamin C (Connection)!
- Go beyond “looking good.” When you feel good on the inside, you shine on the outside.
So, if you are feeling ready to beat loneliness and isolation and want to benefit from a fun, inclusive community of kick-ass 50+ women who are going to play, and learn and develop both virtually and in-person over the coming years, the doors open tomorrow for the Founding Members launch of The Play Group!
I can’t WAIT to start and have you on the journey, and reap the benefit of group activities!
Your friend and coach,