“Just tell me what to eat!” said a new client of mine this week.
Ever say this?
For some people, “done-for-you” meals, precise eating plans, and healthy recipes seem like an obvious solution to weight loss struggles.
But look at what happened in a recent 12-week diet study conducted by Stanford University scientists.*
Participants were given all their meals and snacks for the first four weeks—no cooking, food prep, or wondering, ‘What should I eat?’ required.
Then, for the next eight weeks, participants were on their own to plan, shop for, and cook meals that worked with the diet they were following.
And the findings:
- The participants preferred making their own meals over eating the meals given to them by a nutrition scientist. (In the second 8 weeks, all 42 participants declined to have their meals made for them.)
- They said they wanted expert-created shopping lists, meal ideas, and recipes but didn’t use them.
- Despite these resources, they made only minor adjustments to their regular diet.
The takeaway: Diets and meal plans don’t usually solve people’s most pressing problems with eating better.
What do most folks need help with?
Building sustainable SKILLS that help them manage portion sizes, regulate their emotions (without food), and choose nutritious foods they genuinely enjoy (to name a few).
In reality, most of us have a good idea of WHAT to eat.
But consistently doing it?
That’s the real challenge.
Finding the proper diet and meal plans for YOU?
No study can help you with that.
But a behaviour-change coach? That’s exactly what I’m here for.
Your friend and coach,
PS: Whenever you are ready, here are three more ways I can help you PLAY for life:
- Click here to grab a copy of The Play Book: How To Get In The Habit Of Good Health
- Join the FREE 7-Days of Healthy Habits Course that can help you starting today.
- Want to work with me personally on your health while having fun? Click here to book a call.