Remember, way back in school, if you had to be excused to go to an appointment, extracurricular activity or field trip during school hours, you needed to go to the office to get a permission slip?
Once you had it, you gave the slip to your teacher and got excused to leave for the day.
What if we applied this in life, too, when moving your body!?
But now, you’re the adult and can permit yourself anytime. No note from the principal is needed!
You don’t even need a gym membership or special gear.
You can permit yourself to:
- Play any time of the day as a fundamental habit to support your mental, physical and social health.
- Build muscle in your kitchen by doing bicep curls with cans of beans and eating protein.
- Use your body weight walking up and down the stairs for balance and coordination.
- Stop by a playground with your friends and go up and down the slide for your heart health.
As we grow older and our responsibilities in life change, seriousness can take over, and we lose sight of curiosity, wonder and playfulness.
Often, it’s not until we see a young child or even an animal in the act of fun and play that we realize that a piece of us is missing.
Tapping into that sense of play is a crucial part of daily living to keep a sense of fun so that when we make mistakes, we remember to smile (eventually) at things that frustrate us.
Today, why not write a permission slip to yourself to play?
Your friend and coach,
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are three ways I can help you get in the habit of play and good health:
- Join my online course and learn how to make simple changes to your exercise, nutrition, sleep and more in 7 Days of Healthy Habits (free)
- Christmas is just around the corner! Grab a copy of my book, and I will personalize it and ship it to the people you love! Only $30 plus shipping – bulk order pricing is available too!
- Register for RED January Canada 2024! (it takes less than 30 seconds, and it’s free.)